Who can get a library card, how to apply, and how to use your library card.
Policies and procedures about the library card
- How do I apply for a card? To apply for a library card, you need a photo ID and proof of current address. Proof of current address may be a government-issued ID with current address, utility bill, imprinted address on checks, property tax statement, canceled mail postmarked within the last 2 weeks, or a printed lease showing your address. Application forms are located at the librarian's desk.
- What are the responsibilities of the card holder? The cardholder promises to be responsible for all materials borrowed the the account, and will pay for all fines or fees on the account. If you lose your library card, you must immediately contact the library. If your phone number or address changes, you must notify the library. You must obey all the policies, rules, and regulations of the library. Do not loan your library card to anyone else.
- How can I use my library card?
- Checking out books and other materials. Most items circulate for 2 weeks. DVD's are 1 week, with no renewals.
- Loan limits - Loan limits vary by type of material and by whether or not you are a new patron. New patrons have conditional status, and have a limit of 3 total items for the first 6 months. The media limits apply to all patrons: 3 videos per family or household.
- Please return items to the librarian's desk. Books and magazines may be returned through the book return at the front door of the library. Videos, audios, or music CDs must be returned to the front desk to ensure there is no damage to the items.
- You may renew items if they are not on reserve by someone else. You may renew online through our online catalog page, by email, or phone. Our number is641-939-2173
- Patrons will be reminded if their items are overdue. Fines are ten cents per day overdue for books, and 50 cents per day for overdue movies. If items are lost or damaged, patrons must pay for their replacement.
- Patrons may ask the library staff to reserve an item for them. Reserves may also be placed through the online catalog system. Log in with your library card number and phone number.
- You may use your library card to access and log in to online resources from our library's website: www.eldora.lib.ia.us